Tips for Escaping
May 15, 2022
- BELIEVE. How to get the best out of an escape room is to believe the world you are entering that it is a real place and a real place in time. You’ll have tons more fun; it’ll make more sense and will give you more chance to escape.
- TIME. You at no point have bags of time; the hour will be over before you know it. Think fast and move fast. Don’t spend ages pondering the pros and cons of your thoughts just TRY IT!
- ITEMS. Most of the things you’ll find in the room are there for a reason; the reason might not be obvious straight away, but don’t discount objects to quickly.
- APPEARANCE. Not everything is as it appears, a drawer doesn’t always look like a drawer. examine things carefully.
- TEXT. Long rambling text is not always helpful, look carefully; is there a way of ‘adapting’ the text?
- COMMUNICATE. Let other team members know what you have found and more importantly what you have done, you don’t want team members doing the same thing repeatedly.
- DIVIDE and CONQUER! Split up and systematically deal with the space you find yourself in.
- YOUR AUNTIES HOUSE. Remember this isn’t a relative’s house, you can open everything, touch everything, pick everything up. A tidy room is not a happy room. DON’T PUT THINGS BACK AWAY!
- ASSUME NOTHING. Don’t try and second guess what’s happening in the room, you don’t know what’s around the next corner…or how many corners… or rooms there maybe!
- DON’T PANIC! Stay calm and stay focussed, don’t get too stressed, nothing really bad is actually going to happen…. well probably not!